Oct 19, 2017
- Identify areas where a specific advisory developed control framework, compliance training, and compliance communications are required for WM HK/Asia to assist in promoting a strong compliance culture within WM HK.
- Provide high quality, timely, technically accurate and wealth management client focused regulatory advice in response to client and investment product suitability, transactional and project related queries including permissible and non-permissible (“Do’s and Don’ts) business conduct across the geographical locations targeted by WM Asia mainly Asian markets, US and Canada.
- Prepare and continuously enhance compliance focused management information as part of the on-going reporting obligations for Compliance team.
- Participate in working projects/initiatives to provide compliance input including review and draft appropriate response for new business/product initiatives for HK and/or Asia.
- Formulate, draft implementation approach papers and drive assigned compliance projects to completion.
- Maintain on-going vigilance on potential gaps through analysis of regulatory fines and trends and identify opportunities to devise bespoke or enhance existing training and compliance policies.
- Assist in completing a periodic review of all WM Compliance policies and procedures to ensure they reflect current regulatory, industry and applicable internal policies/Standing Orders, and ensure consistency with Head Office and WM Asia compliance policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Assist in identifying and articulating enhancements to the WM Compliance monitoring framework based upon new regulatory developments and other internal initiatives particularly aspects of the framework focused upon WM Asia.
- Assist in collating and from time to time formulating an appropriate response to requests for information pertaining to WM from other WM functions, internal audit and external regulators.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records for the WM complaints register, ensure complaints are handled and investigate in complaints in accordance with applicable regulatory rules and internal policies.
- Deliver specific training in this area as directed.
- Ensure timely escalation of regulatory and reputational matters to the Head of Compliance, WM HK.
- Degree holder in Economics or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience either within compliance, legal, regulatory or audit experience pertaining to wealth management.
- Detailed understanding of HK’s regulatory environment and developments impacting the wealth management industry. Similar knowledge of Singapore regime would be an advantage.
- In-depth understanding of securities and futures brokerage business as well as industry best practice approaches and needs.
- Strong understanding of wealth management products (especially FX, fixed income and equities), brokerage business, banking, credit, custody and trust products and services.
- A clear and concise communicator and be comfortable representing compliance views in discussion.
- Articulate and comfortable presenting at business forums or delivering training for stakeholders of various levels of seniority.
- Thorough record-keeping abilities and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and focused team player.
- Good interpersonal and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong engagement skills, confident and ability to deal with potentially contentious issues effectively with all levels of seniority.
- Strong analytical and solution driven mindset.
- Technological proficiency or inclination, including Excel skills.
Years of Experience