Title: Compliance - Senior Compliance Manager - Asset Management – VP
Location: Hong Kong
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protects the integrity and reputation of the bank. It manages the Bank’s risks and help to avert unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, we also advise the bank on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep the bank up to date on regulatory and political challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and facilitating compliance with regional coverage framework, focusing on compliance with the applicable guidelines and approval procedures of marketing materials,
- Leading and facilitating in various compliance projects to ensure that the HK AM coverage business and HK AM Alternatives business activities and conducted in compliance with DB policies and regulatory requirements. This includes the review of distribution materials, marketing events, road shows and cross border conferences
- Monitoring compliance with the global operating framework, focusing on the review and approval procedures of marketing materials
- Conducting desk top reviews and sample testing of marketing material submissions to determine compliance with the regional operating framework, including compliance with cross border guidelines, the provision of accurate and complete submission details and the implementation of compliance guidance prior to approval
- Generating standard reports and query-based customised reports on the compliance review procedures to determine opportunities for improvement and efficiencies
- Providing regulatory advice to the AM Coverage and Alternatives businesses in Hong Kong in relation to the setup and maintenance of related Level 1 business controls to ensure compliance of various requirements;
- Liaise with AML/KYC teams in the region to support the due diligence of third parties engaged by the Alternatives business in Hong Kong.
- Compliance review of new product initiatives in relation to both the AM Coverage and Alternatives businesses
- Liaise with compliance colleagues in the region to review and implement various L2 policies and procedures
- Monitoring regulatory developments applicable to the business and working with relevant departments to ensure that an appropriate impact assessment, gap analysis and implementation steps are carried out in a timely manner;
- Enhancing and providing face to face compliance training for relevant staff so that appropriate compliance knowledge and awareness can be maintained;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of general compliance considerations relating to asset management marketing and distribution efforts for both institutional and retail clients
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management systems like Salesforce is a plus
- Experience in handling APAC cross border fund marketing efforts is preferred.
- Working knowledge of AM alternatives asset class is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to key stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-disciplined and demonstrate an ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with no loss of accuracy.
- Proven analytical skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; preference will be given to candidates with proven experience in the asset management compliance industry.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English and Chinese is required.